Subject: [Leica] TMax 400 Developing
From: "Bruce Feldman" <brucef@waw.pdi.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 00:47:38 +0100

Oldtimers on this list will remember a series of posts from Greg Mironchik
(sp?) from Saugus, Mass.  He passed on the definitive TMY development rules,
to my mind.  Since I began following his rules I've never had a problem with
this film.   Basically, it's this (please correct me if your memory of
Greg's posts is better than mine):

Rate at ISO400, then, with no pre-soak, use TMax developer, 1:9, 75 degrees,
for 15 minutes.  Only agitate once at about 7 minutes or so for a few
inversions (agitation and/or temperature inconsistency=grain).

From there, I might have improvised a bit because of the lack of
availability of fixers here in Warsaw.  I fix with a non-hardening fixer for
a bit longer than specified (violent agitation for the first minute), then
wash well.  Keep all fluids near the same temperature.

No problem with shot highlights, pink cast, big grain.

Regards,
Bruce Feldman
Warsaw, Poland