Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: RE: Tri-X and Kodak vs Ilford?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:25:31 -0800

"Lee, Ken" wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I use TMX and TMY in 35mm, 120 and 4X5.  I develop in TMAX - RS and follow
> Kodak's times for the stop bath and Rapid fix (5 mins?). I follow with a
> rinse, Hypo clear and wash (about 15 min).  I never have pink film at the
> end of the process but it is still pink when it comes out of the fixer.  I
> read somewhere that Hypo clearing agent helps get rid of the pink.  The
> thing I notice most with this combination is the black residue left on my
> reels and tanks (plastic Jobos)
>
> Ken

The last sentence of your post "The thing I notice most with this
combination is the black residue left on my reels and tanks (plastic
Jobos)" sure got my attention. For a second or two I thought that was
the punch line. This black residue is undoubtably less serious than it
sounds. I have a brush for my Weber Barbaque which should get it off.
Mark :-) Rabiner