Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: RE: Tri-X and Kodak vs Ilford?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:14:48 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 01:57 AM 2/18/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >Getting the pink out of TMax is no picnic. In my experience, contrary to
snip
snip
> And what evidence do you find that it effects printing? Don't expect it to
> print like Tri-X in any case. And how do you wash?
>
> Everything I say is what Kodak says.
>
> Eric Welch
snip
My evidence that the pink effects printing are damp wads of wet
photopaper thrown in my Darkroom garbage can six years ago. Pink is a
tint of red which is the color of many safelights. I keep hoping they
improve this stuff which maybe they have if what you say is true. I keep
waiting for TMax to come out in 220 which I think Delta has. Even Delta
I'm unsure of being a big fan of Plus x and tri x and Neopan. It may be
as it has just come out that they have more silver and I have an
instinctive disregard for being ripped off with less although tabular silver.
Mark Rabiner