Subject: RE: [Leica] Film, Cameras, Customs & France
From: COLBYG@ULV.EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 06:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

	M. Berger replied regarding the tripod component...

> This was a stupid regulation concerning Paris but it's over now. As far as
> you don't install lightning and work alone, you should not be annoyed...

	The field camera, its designed portability notwithstanding, will likely
remain in the bag while we're in Paris. When we leave Paris we'll travel to
Villedieu les Poeles and then on to Tremolat on the Dordogne River. It's
sojourns from Tremolat where I had hoped to use the large-format field camera,
in the countryside.
	I'd like to enjoy Paris with my family, anyway. When I descend under
the dark cloth they are always abandoned to their own entertainment.
	Presently I'm considering leaving the field camera behind. The red tape
is becoming overwhelming. Nevertheless, we have a couple of willing
friends...in Paris and Tremolat...who would receive a shipment of my field
camera and its lenses...then there's the tripod...and the film holders...and
the film...(sigh)...

- -Gary S. Colby
 colbyg@ulv.edu