Subject: RE: [Leica] digital pulp & dust muzzle
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:21:19 -0500

IMHO you're being a bit paranoid about the dust issue. Use the UV filter,
and when necessary - and certainly when you get home, use pressurized air
and a soft brush to remove dust from the body, lens barrel,etc.

Think about the fact that these cameras go to the Sudan, etc. etc...and keep
on ticking...

Paper....This may sound a bit something, but buy the smallest package of
anything and everything you can find and try it...it's really the best
bet...they're all slightly, or radically, different...I really like the
Epson photo paper...but have also gotten good results with some others...I
don't, by the way, like the Kodak photo paper....the other thought, although
expensive, is to try some of the inkjet glossy films....IBM makes one, I
believe Epson does, and some others...this is probably the best available
medium for high quality printing...but it takes literally DAYS to dry - at
least in color - and it is very light weight...

Good luck...