Subject: RE: [Leica] Film, Cameras, Customs & France
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@imaginet.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 02:24:01 +0100

I don't think French Customs will be a problem. Their role is to check that
French people do not bring back cameras without paying the 7 % + 20.6 %
taxes. As a foreigner, you can have all photo hardware you want, they don't
care. Of course, an official paper by the U.S. Customs will not hurt and may
be useful if something get stolen, for example. The field camera shipped
ahead is another problem. Why don't you call the French Embassy to ask them
how to do it ?

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)