Subject: [Leica] Re: M3s and polarizing filters
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:58:50 -0800

Heliopan polarizing filters have numbers around the filter rim. Look
through the filter and turn it for the desired effect. Note the number on
top. Screw it on to your lens and turn it until that number is on top. I
have two of each size polarizing filters. One on the camera, the other in
my vest pocket. I look through the second filter to get the desired effect,
noting the number. I then set the filter that is on my lens to this number.

Jim