Subject: Re: [Leica] New Web Page/B&W vs Color
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:47:03 -0400

Leica:

The Nikon Scanner is known for its blue cast.  See the folowing web page
for info.  I am using a Plaroid sprintscan 35 Plus and am very happy with
it.  As for your monitor, you should run the Adobe Gamma program in your
windows control panel if you are using PhotoShop 5.

http://www.cix.co.uk/~tsphoto/

I myself like to scan prints made of the B&W negatives because of the
changes made during printing regarding doging, burning, contreast, and etc.
 I just haven't found Photoshop to be as easy and as seamless for the
doging and burning.

Regards,