Subject: Re: [Leica] Light meters
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:34:39 -0400

John:

I just got an old dead gossen meter that uses a selenium cell.  I took it
apart and wiggled the selenium plate around and it made good contact and
came back to life.  It seems the selenium cells do not have wires soldered
to them, but sit in a spring loaded carrier that presses some wire
connections against it.  From my experience, I assume this contact between
the cell and the wires gets dirty and my moving the cell around in the
holder cleaned the contacts. Your handling of you meter may have done the
same thing.

Regards,

Robert