Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Tri-X and Kodak vs Ilford?
From: "Ernest Nitka" <eenitka@axess.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:27:00 -0500

Bob - I am a rank amateur but have not been happy with T max and have used
almost exclusively the Ilford products.  I did not like T Max requirment for
exacting temp. control.  I also found that fresh fixer and longer times were
required.  While I had been keeping to new fixer every 2 months regardless
of how little i might have used it I found that I was re-fixing tMax -
something that I never had to do with other films.  I got back into
photography 3 years ago and started with TriX.  Now I'm happy using HP5+ and
if i want the grain I used rodinal 1:25 ( for 8 minutes not 6 as listed in
Ilfords literature - EI 0f 400).

Ernie nitka