Subject: [Leica] RE: Tri-X
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:53:21 -0800

At 06:18 PM 2/15/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Not ridiculous at all.  Only people I know who use Tri-X are you and several
>LUGs.  Everyone else uses TMax or T400CN. ;-]
>
>Peter K

Peter,

Kodak is not known for continuing to manufacture a product that doesn't
sell. Look at Super-XX and Pan-X.

Kodak supplies Tri-X in:

35mm/24
35mm/36
35mm/50'
35mm/100'
120
220
70mm/100'
2-1/4 x 3-1/4 sheet
4x5
5x7
8x10

Doesn't sound to me like Tri-X is a slow seller. In reality, there is a
"HUGE" base of professional and amateur photographers that use tons of
Tri-X. TMax is not a panacea and T400CN is not a true B&W film, as it
requires C41.

:)

Jim