Subject: [Leica] Found new R6.2 for $1099
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:11:56 -0700

Okay, I admit it was really hard to put this thing down, particularly as
they offer a 90-day 0% financing deal, but I encountered the following on
Saturday:

Leica R6.2. Looked to be essentially new, with rather shopworn box, and a
lot of my fingerprints all over it. Believe it carries a Passport warranty.
Selling price was $1099 at:

Robert Waxman Camera & Video
1545 California Street, Denver.
800-525-6113
Ask for David Callis (His card says "Days off: Tuesday and Thursday")

For what it's worth, it seemed to operate perfectly, and was smooth and
quiet, though the mirror pre-release is a kluge (needs a second cable
release), and maybe something that could be retrofitted onto other R models.
Waxman's also had a new R7 at $1300-something, but in light of sub-$800
prices for used ones here, it's maybe not such a big deal.

It took some will power to walk away from the R6.2, but the prospect of
supporting another set of pricey lenses wasn't appealing to me, and the
Denver Camerama is happening on Sunday, March 3, and I hope to score at
least a sub-$800 90/2.8 Elmarit-M on that day, else order a new one from
Cameron Photo this summer.

Jeff