Subject: Re: [Leica] Best price M6 ??
From: pmbprivate@unicall.be
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:27:57 +0100

The price for a TTL 0.85 in Belgium is BEF 104,500  at the FNAC store.  Not
cheap unless you qualify for VAT exemption (21% over here).

I'm looking for the cheapest source for a M6 TTL too.  Until now, my
conclusion is that New York is still the best place to buy one.  (Tamarkin
is a store that sells it for $2,195 ).  I was in Hong Kong last week where,
despite all the hype, the prices were i) higher than New York as far as I
could tell without going into a lot of negotiation and ii) I was'nt sure
what I was getting into because the camera was never actually in the shops I
went to but would have been delivered to my hotel.  Ok , this is not a lot
of help if you're only looking within Europe but at least it gives you a
feel for the prices.  And if you're like me, I just want to know where "the
market" is so that, even if I ended up paying too much, at least it's a
conscious decision.

Patrick