Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M5
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:39:59 +0100

The M5 is the best M camera ever made! Possible.
There is a restriction however : the exposure meter of the M5 is a CdS of
more or less the same type of the SL's or SL2's, right?
I read last week that the SL/SL2 were obsolete because of there exposure
metering system, this also applies to the M5 which carries the same exposure
metering system as its reflex fellows...
Nevertheless, I am still a SL user because of the feel and mostly because I
nearly always shoot b&w but I also noted that the R6's metering is better
than the SL's. But the SL sound and action is so smoother...
So I would bet that the M6's meter is nearly the same as the R6/R6-2 and
especially today because of the M6TTL.
Finally, what applies to the SL/SL2 also applies to the M5 which is a great
but obsolete M camera!
What is fine with the really old one, M3, M2, M4... is that they will never
get obsolete because of their meter!!
Thib.