Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:M6 "oldtimer!" BS
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:46:37 -0800

Jim Colburn wrote:

>	Ted, I hate to say this, but I bought an old DS M3 as a birthday
>present
>for myself when I became an "old man" a few weeks ago.  What the heck, it
>gives me a reason to loiter here...and I have always seen Leicas as
>"old-folks cameras".>>>>>>

jeeeeesh Jim, don't mention that old stuff as that's for those who aren't
young at heart and foolish enough to believe they can't do what they did 30
years ago!:)

Well I guess lots of old folks have a Leica, but I still don't see it as an
"old folks camera." :)  You're probably just havin' a bad day or somthin'.:)

I know there are days when I feel, "Damn I'm so old I'll never make to my
funeral!" :)

But then there are those other beautiful days when everything is goin' on
and the light is right and the M's an R's are just hummin right along. Old?
Me? Damn not on your life! Love it and I want this until I just plain fall
down dead and no other way.

Everyday the biggest driving force is getting out of bed knowing I've got
an assignment or a photo project to do without a care in the world, it's
attitude and the best R&R you can have. Me and my Leicas have a longtime to
go yet. But having fun and taking pictures is the joy for lasting a long
time and liking it!

TG wrote:
>>I bet I could still drink and arm wrestle you under the table....that is
>>unless you're 6 feet 6 and 250 pounds.... then I take it all back! :):)
>>But at 6 a.m any morning you'd like to try staying with me for a two hour
>>power walk I'd be obliged you give it a try.:)>>>>>>>

Jim colburn wrote:
<<<<<Is this an official challenge to the LUG?  The "Ted Grant Triathalon"? ;-)
>   Sounds like fun (except for the 2 hour power-walk with a hang-over)-I'll
>have to get to a LUG meeting soon! >>>>>>>>>

Gee Jim I don't want to embarrass all the young lads by winning, so I think
best we leave the LUG challenge to the next life. :)  However, the hangover
part? I try to stay just within my limits while I'm in training, so we can
pass on that part also. :)  Besides I hate hurting in the morning and not
remembering how good a time I thought I had.:)

Now in the really younger days.....whewie!!!!!!:)

Like covering the LA Olympics  sailing events wearing a hangover and
looking through long lenses with the photo boat going up and down and the
competition boats going the opposite direction,"OUCH! OUCH!":):) OOPS!

Not a pretty picture!:) Not even through Leica glass!:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant