Subject: [Leica] EBay Auction
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:48:11 -0500

I have bid successfully on several items on Ebay including an M3 DS
indistinguishable from new.   My assessment is that there are few
bargains in the collectible camera auctions as the newness of the medium
encourages active and perhaps overbidding.  I believe there is little
danger of being defrauded as the feedback system encourages honesty as
those who are not honest would be "blacklisted".  I have found sellers
very communicative by email when I want additional information.  EBay
may seriously endanger the Tamarkin Auction and other camera auctions as
the Ebay market is larger and one can sell 365 days a year.

Paul T. Collura