Subject: Re: [Leica] Akhil's Photo Expo report
From: "Paul T. Winkfield" <pwink@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 23:07:49 -0500

Hi all!
I was there on Thursday morning, my first time in NYC since '96. Many
changes to the city! new transit tokens, Penn station remodeled. I also
didnt see a single R camera but several Ms on shoulders (I left M & Rs
home and carried a YashicaT4 and only took 2 shots there total!) I was
impressed by the R8, it looks clunky but feels great!  Their TTL M6
reminds me somewhat of  Pentax MX electronics; better but much room for
improvement.

Later that day I went to the Leica Gallery great fun there; Ms Grace
Robertson's work on display really funny fotos of women having fun, and
other snippits of (funny) daily life. I get so tired of photogs shooting
the grim side of life.

There were lots of companies with photo/mini lab equipment, is there
that much money to be made in that area??  Otherwise, how can we spot
other LUGers??? maybe we need to create a t-shirt or wear our LeicaM tie
pins!
<paul>