Subject: Re: [Leica] here's a concept, Summilux vs. Noctilux
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:09:57 -0400

I have owned both and used both.  In November I took a trip to North
Carolina on my motorcycle and took an M6 with these two lenses and a
tele-elmarit.  I found the Noctilux was more useful because you could shoot
at a higher shutter speed and get tightly framed shots.  I posted a few
pictures from that trip and the ones taken with the Summilux ASPH were not
tightly framed and edited out.  The extra stop of the Noctilux made for a
better shutter speed of about 60th.  The pictures are at:

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/trip.htm

I have since sold the 35mm Summilux ASPH and replaced it with a Summicron
ASPH.  I figured I didn't need the extra speed and bulk of the Summilux
when I had a Noctilux.

Regards,

Robert