Subject: Re: [Leica] Three-element lens, was: Reid
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 00:00:13 +1100

I bought the 3 element Elmar 90/f4 lens head. It was fitted to the bayonet
mount Bellows-2. The complete lens with the focusing mount was called the
"Parallel Elmar".
I only use it with the bellows ,for close ups, or with the focusing mount
for the Visioflex, where it can focus to infinity. ( Older 90/f4 lens heads
can't). It seem a little sharper than the standard 4 element Elmar. It never
sold very well, because the Elmarit 2.8 was also available for not much more
money.

Horst