Subject: Re: [Leica] Three-element lens, was: Reid
From: "Bill" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:40:50 -0800

I find the three-element Elmar 90/4 to be a wonderful lens.  It seems crisp
and doesn't seem prone to flare.  It is my favorite portrait-length lens.
Additionally, I use the head on a Bellows II and get very good results.  I
would sell the lens to a collector, but I do not see how I would come out
ahead on the deal.  (I would need a similar quality lens head for the bellows
and I would need a similar length lens for portraits and I would have no
guarantee that I would ultimately be better-off).

Regards,  Bill Larsen

>At 08:21 PM 1999-02-12 +0100, Lucien wrote:
>>What about the Elmar 90/4 three-element (1964-68)
>>made in LTM (543 ex) and bayonet (5947 ex) ?
>>Was it better than its predecessor (4-element) ?

And Marc responded: