Subject: [Leica] was: Ah Canada now: history? :) off topic
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:28:45 -0800

Harrison wrote:

>You  talking  about  that  Tennessee  President  Old  Hickory,  Andrew
>Jackson?  He  did  have  one  hell of a party when he was sworn in and
>there were horses in the White House...quite a scandal Drunk Tennessee
>hillbillies ridin' horses through the white house.
>
>The  other  Tennessee  President, Andrew Johnson, was impeached at the
>end of the Civil War....Doesn't say much for Tennesseans as President,
>keep this in mind about Al Gore when he runs!>>>>>>>

Hi Harrison,

Nice to have a little history lesson on the side once in a while. :) thanks.

There are some folks on the LUG who don't understand what this has to do
with Leica and don't want to have any "extra curricular" posts of this
nature.

However, that's a shame, as quite often it's the extra tid bits that makes
this a far more interesting communicating site than just doin the Leica
thing.

Besides, often one "off topic" moment can put quite incredible Leica spins
to following stories.

just a passing thought after all the heavy stuff on sales pitches! :)
ted

Question?  Didn't Teddy Roosevelt have some pretty good wing dings ? :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant