Subject: [Leica] was: Ah Canada now: history? :) off topic
From: Ted Grant <>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:28:45 -0800

Harrison wrote:

>You  talking  about  that  Tennessee  President  Old  Hickory,  Andrew
>Jackson?  He  did  have  one  hell of a party when he was sworn in and
>there were horses in the White House...quite a scandal Drunk Tennessee
>hillbillies ridin' horses through the white house.
>The  other  Tennessee  President, Andrew Johnson, was impeached at the
>end of the Civil War....Doesn't say much for Tennesseans as President,
>keep this in mind about Al Gore when he runs!>>>>>>>

Hi Harrison,

Nice to have a little history lesson on the side once in a while. :) thanks.

There are some folks on the LUG who don't understand what this has to do
with Leica and don't want to have any "extra curricular" posts of this

However, that's a shame, as quite often it's the extra tid bits that makes
this a far more interesting communicating site than just doin the Leica

Besides, often one "off topic" moment can put quite incredible Leica spins
to following stories.

just a passing thought after all the heavy stuff on sales pitches! :)

Question?  Didn't Teddy Roosevelt have some pretty good wing dings ? :)

Ted Grant