Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Dealer Recommendation
From: WOCCCC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:24:29 EST

Jeff,

    Careful what you wish for, because a man who sells Hasselblad and Leica
    *and* offers interest-free payment plans is already kinda dangerous :-)
He keeps getting me closer and closer to the noct.  Or maybe the 35 1.4 after
all the glowing reports.  I suggested he start a Leica Stamp Plan like we had
in school as kids (something he aging Baby Boomers and their elders are sure
to remember).  Just think how much trouble that could get the LUG into :->

    How do you like the Digilux, Bill? I got my company to buy me the Kodak
    DC260 (now updated to v1.06) and find it works pretty well once you take a
    deep breath and come to grips with it's handling idiosyncracies. But so
far,
    I haven't bothered to take it home or do any of my personal work with it,
    even though I've been meaning to really see what a modern CCD can do

Very nice camera and very happy with it.  Nice feel, size, and of course
images (being a Fuji in drag notwithstanding)  Features are usable and seem to
be about everything I want on a digital camera.  See they have a new version
out now, it seems to be a more base unit without the 2x digital flip.  I would
much rather a longer lens and will probably end up with an Olympus or Sony 91
to solve that, unless they come out with one.  (Of course, I could put that $
towards Honest Pats low financing rates......)
I think once you play with yours more you will find more uses for it.  Say,
for example, the rear window blows out of your new Porsche C4S on a rainy
Friday night.  Film is good for recording but the Digilux gets quick pics that
are easy to print, store, and make quick reprints from - not that it happened
to my wife tonight or anything like that.   Oh well, like I had anything to do
tomorrow.  And yes, in the stark reality of daylight the M camera will also
record it too.

Bill