Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 0.72 vs. 0.85 magnifications
From: "Moore, Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:58:58 -0500

> I think you've got this backward.  The .72 angle of view is wider, the
> .85 narrower.  It would seem logical that the .85 would include less
> of the hood in the viewfinder.

But at the same time, the 35mm framelines (as an example) on the 0.85x
appear where roughly where the 28mm framelines appear on the 0.72x --
that is, the lines themselves are closer to the edges of the
viewfinder, which might show more of the hood.  But because of the
narrower view on the 0.85, the effect might be cancelled out.  I'd
love to try these side by side.