Subject: [Leica] Re: 0.72 vs. 0.85 magnifications
From: "Moore, Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:21:09 -0500

> As I held one version in each hand, I alternated looking through first
> one viewfinder and then the other.  After a time, an inherent
> advantage stuck me about the original 0,72X viewfinder.

I wonder about another possible advantage of the 0.72x, and maybe
others can help clarify this.

Regarding lens hood blockage of the viewfinder image:

Since the view on the 0.85x is wider (framelines farther apart from
each other), does the view include more of the lens hood?  If so, the
0.72x may win here.  Or is this "cancelled out" by the fact that the
rest of the image area is enlarged as well, so the proportions are the
same?  The answer to both quesitons may be "yes".  Has anyone compared
the two viewfinders with respect to lens hood blockage?

- --Andrew

no archive