Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealer Recommendation
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 05:29:57 EST

I purchased my Tom A's WInder from Pat McKee and the transaction was handled
very professionally.

Almost 100% of my Leica gear, and others as well, came from Bill Liszka at the
Friendly Shopping Center in Greensboro, N.C.    They are a Leica Dealer, carry
a nice inventory and are competitive.   More importantly is their attitude
towards servicing their customers.  It's what you want, not what they want to
sell you.   They are always available to provide information and guidance.
Bill Liska came to my home to help me plan my darkroom and he is always thrre
for me, day or night.  His integrity is very important to him and is the
reason that I trust him.  His knowledge of the Leica system is exceptional and
if he doesn't know something he simply states it and finds the answer.  I was
told many years ago by a very astute businessman that I worked for while in
college that, "A business relationship built on price alone is built on sand."
I work hard to be as good of customer as Bill is a dealer.   It's a give and
take relationship.  A customer must understand the needs of a retailer to make
a reasonable profit.  In today's competitive environment the profit margin is
almost gone.  I just don't understand how a retailer can stay in business by
selling $2000 cameras and net $100(if lucky).    It's got to be the
razor/razor blade marketing strategy.   Give the razor away and make the
profit on the blades.   I have finally figured out that this strategy also
applies to printers and ink.     At one time I ordered my film  through the
mail and saved about 30% from what I could purchase the same items from Bill.
I came to realize that this isn't fair to him.  I pay a little more for my
film but I get it back in spades with service, information and friendship.  It
just doesn't get any better and I am truly grateful for this relationship.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC