Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealer Recommendation
From: Al Edwards <alwards@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:30:24 -0800

>Personally, I prefer talking to Don Chatterton (he has NEVER led me astray,
>and as often as not has talked me OUT of a purchase ... even if the item was
>in stock because we HAVE talked about the kind of photography I do ... if

I have yet to purchase from Don Chatterton, but to date he has talked
me out of a couple of purchases. He was busy when I called, but called
me back an hour later, and sounded me out about the nature of what I
would be shooting.

He doesn't seem to want customers buying if they lack a clear idea
of the purpose for the item. As a result, I'll probably end up with a smaller
M-system, but a more utilitarian one. And a cheaper one.

I just used the word 'utilitarian' while discussing Leicas. I will see
my physician to get my sense of irony checked.

- -Al

no archive