Subject: Re: [Leica] Exclusif: l'Hexar ą baļonnette Leica! ...
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:15:54 EST

Robert, Konica has already made 2 lenses that work fine on the M's and screw
mounts. The 50/2,4 Hexar and the rarer 35/2 in screw mount. I cant see why
they would not make it compatible with the M-focussing cam. It would increase
their market and having a M-compatible focussing roller in the body would not
compromise the 'auto focus" or focus confirmation system. The prototype I saw
a year ago had a regular rangefinder patch in it — but I was told that the
production model would most likely have a focus confirmation system and when I
asked if the Hexar lenses would fit the M's and vice versa I did not get a
direct yes, but some subtle nods of 'probably" instead. The 60/1,2 would be
interesting — a nice midrange between the Nocti and the 75/1,4.
Tom A