Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf question
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:08:29 -0500

 Peter-
First of all, thanks for the clarification. I checked and both the IIIf
cameras I have are RD, so that would explain their same settings.
The other thing was a question from Lucien about early 'f' cameras with
'lightweight' shutters. Would this be the 'improvement' that went into later
RD 'f' series Leicas? Did Leitz try them out in a run of IIf cameras?
As I said, I have used both and supposedly the RD had a 'quieter' shutter,
though I couldn't really hear a difference ( Hell, I'm tone deaf too-so who
can tell?).
I also would like to know the differences in the IIIc and IIIb; I saw a IIIc
gray "K" in the KEH catalog, and comparing it with my IIIc, I noticed that
it had the little knob on the RF focussing lever like I had seen on the 'b'
series cameras. What makes this one a 'c' rather than a 'b'? or do you just
have to go by serial numbers?
I am getting to the stage where I'd like to be able to ID some of these
oldies but goodies by sight ( I have a weakness for buying them, taking them
home and adopting them!). Any help?
Tanks again,
Dan