Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf question
From: Peter Goldberg <peterg@martinhamblin.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:19:45 -0500

Dan Post wrote:

> Peter!
> I didn't know that!
> I have a IIIf Wetzlar and one made in Canada; they both have the same
> shutter settings-25,50,75 100 etc. Is this the International?
> If so, I'd be interested in knowing what the Euro setting might be and if
> they would apply to the older IIIc and IIIa which indeed have different
> settings.
> Thanks
> Dan ( Learn something new everyday!)

I am right & wrong:

.  There is a difference in the shutter progression between IIIf BD & RD, ie:
BD "old style" - 1/30, 1/40, 1/60
RD "new style" - 1/25, 1/50, 1/75

I incorrectly referred to Euro & international nomenclature - this of course
only applies to the switch in f. stop settings ie: pre-war & post-war lenses.

Regards to all

Peterg

"...just an angle on a curve"