Subject: [Leica] Leitz red dot shortage - sorry Walter, no sale!
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 12:07:46 -0000

The title of my original posting made it clear that the message was
addressed to LUG members who are collectors. However, Walter S
Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:

>I'll soften the blow by offering $900 US for your 'violated and
molested'
camera....it'll be disassembled and used only for parts, of course,
to keep such a horrendously modified beast out of circulation........
and my friends wonder why I'd rather paint houses than go back into
camera repair..... :)

Sorry Walter, it's not for sale - as one of the last cameras to leave
the production line bearing the Leitz name, it's a prized possession.
(I love using classic Leitz-era cameras for work - it sometimes freaks
the clients!) As "fitting for a princess descended of so many royal
kings" she has now been refitted with what I'm told was the last Leitz
red badge available at Leica UK. The "cunning workman" who did the job
even removed the minute mark which his predecessor had made in the
front plate when removing the original badge - how's that for
craftsmanship? A camera-repair technician with that level of skill and
attention to detail is in no danger of having to earn his living as a
house painter!

Regards,

Doug Richardson