Subject: [Leica] MR-4 meter problems....
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:13:47 -0500

Well, THAT didn't take long.....!
I've had my M4-P and MR-4 meter for about 2 and a half weeks- LOVE the
camera, and the meter is quite accurate- when it works!
For some reason it will not operate when on the camera. I need to take it
off the camera, fiddle with the battery compartment door (which I have now
broken!! It stays on, but BALLS!!!) and then it will operate for awhile,
and if I leave it alone for awhile, it seems to stop working. Almost seems
like the battery isn't sitting properly... I don't know!
Any advice as to where to send a quirky meter? How much does a CLA (and new
battery door) cost for a MR-4; if people do these at all......
sigh.....

Bob Keene
"nobody's pal" for today!