Subject: [Leica] Olympus OM cameras
From: Tom Bryant <tbryant@pars5.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:54:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi Joe,

    Well, I *did* mention the OM-1 system, perhaps in passing:

                      (outside of the Olympus OM series)

    They were and are phenomenal cameras.  You could see the whole screen with
glasses on, they were tiny, compared to, say a Nikon FTn, almost as quiet as
an Alpa, and they had interchangeable screens.  My brother still has one, and
loves it.  They do focus the "Leica" way.

    Two of my friends who bought them later had them break on them.  This
tainted my appreciation of them.  Perhaps these 2 bodies were part of an early
run with mechanical problems, much like today's R8.  So I never owned one, and
can't give a first hand report on them.

    Tom