Subject: [Leica] M6 metering question
From: "tom cirillo" <tcirillo@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 08:39:26 -0400

hi,  i've recently purchased an m6; it's my first metered leica w/exception
of CL.  i am confused about the metering and wonder if someone can help.

the manual indicates that when the available light level (through the lens,
of course) is outside of the meter's range, the led's blink.  but do they
continue to function ie they seem, compared to my luna pro, to read around
the threshold correctly albeit w/ blinking.

second, sometimes, when trying to meter significantly outside the range, i
get a solid led (not blinking) which indicates "stop down!".  then, when i
stop down i finally get blinking led's.  this is peculiar, no?

i'm not speaking of coupling range but rather meter sensitivity range.

thanks for your help, tom