Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 mm advise
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 07:33:23 PST

I had the unfortunate experience of owning a 35 Summilux and returned it
after 3 weeks.  As a high speed lens it is basically useless...There is
an incredible amount of flare and coma at f 1.4-f2.0.  Some have called
this "character".  If that is so I have an Argus C3 I will sell you with
"character" comming out of its rear!

If you really need 2 extra stops spend the money and get the ASPH.  If
you are just looking for better overall performance try the Summicron or
even better the new Summicron ASPH.  I have recently compared these two
lenses and the f2.0-f2.8 improvements are fairly dramatic.  Used
Summicrons are avail for bargin prices now, and will outperform the old
Summilux DRAMATICALLY in many situations.

Dan