Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice needed on 35mm R lens
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 03:29:40 -0500

I want to buy a secondhand 35mm lens for my R7 and I am
doubting between 35/2 Summicron and 35/2.8 Elmarit.
Javier Planellas

Javier: I have the 35mm f2.8 Elmarit-R and I think it is a truly outstanding
lens, in yielding fine detail with excellent contrast. In my experience it
is superior to the 35mm f2 Summicron-M of the late 1970s and is obviously
surpassed by the 35mm f2 asph. I have no experience with the 35mm  f2
Summicron-R  but LUG members are enthusiastic about it.
You cannot go wrong with the Elmarit-R and save  bundles of $s or euros or
pesetas in the process.

regards, Andrew Jordan