Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W output from digital devices
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 22:30:20 +0100

John,

My own experience is actually the opposite: I find that getting a good color
print is hard, perhaps because my monitor is not properly calibrated, perhaps
because I am very slightly color-blind and have a difficult time seeing small
differences. On the other hand, my B&W prints from the Epson Stylus Photo 700
are easily as good as anything I ever produced in the wet darkroom.

Nathan

John McLeod wrote:

> Interesting question LUGgers.  There is much praise for the digital color
> print in general, but what is everyone's experience with digital black and
> white prints?  Is there simply nothing that will compare to the silver print
> for years to come -- that is, should I go ahead and spend money on my home
> darkroom as the digital millenium approaches?  Appreciate the input.
>
> John McLeod

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium