Subject: [Leica] R8 Winder Woes
From: "David Strang" <dstrang@up.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 01:32:52 -0500

Hopefully, someone can cheer me up! I got the Mototr WInder for my R8 tonite
at 4pm. I stopped into the local camera shop for some batteries and made my
way up to the ice arena.  I had to shoot ice hockey and my idea was to use
the R8/Winder/35f2 for fan shots. I had a large hole in the front page to
fill. Well, I put the batteries in the winder and attached it and NOTHING!
When I attach the winder with the camera ON, the motor works. If the camera
switch is turned off and then back on, NOTHING..KAPUTT!. Now if I drop a
roll in, the camera jumps to life and functions, until I shut off the
camera. When I switch the camera on, NOTHING..KAPUTT!

Is this normal for this winder? Seems like a problem to me! Anyone out there
seen anything like this?

Anyway, I had my Canons and everything worked out fine, except the home team
was drubbed.

Dave
dstrang@up.net