Subject: Re: [Leica] R6/R6.2 (was Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion)
From: Douglas Williams <dwilli19@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 14:32:48 -0500

I use an R6 and I know of several others on this list who use an R6 or
R6.2.  Last I heard (from Leica USA) was that the R6.2 is available, and
would be for the forseeable future.  A high quality manual (no batteries
need except for the meter) camera.  The National Geographic photog Jim
Stanfield uses the R6 and so has Sebastiao Salgado.  I like this camera
very much...only wish they cost a bit less...