Subject: Re: [Leica] Dear Leica...
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 00:24:45 -0700

Mark, IMO, no one in their right mind pays such a hefty premium for their
gear unless they feel that there's some extra value to be had! It's Leica
Camera's job to give us a compelling reason for buying brand-new gear once
in awhile, and personally, I find items such as Tri-Elmars and
semi-affordable APO lenses far more exciting than rebranded Fuji and Kodak
products--creations of Leica marketing, not engineering. Not to slam
marketing, though--rebate programs, cheap financing deals (1.9% financing on
Leica gear would be very dangerous for a lot of us) and freebies can be very
powerful enticements, too :-)

Jeff