Subject: [Leica] Tamarkin
From: Tony Rowlett <rowlett@alaska.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 01:33:03 -0900

Because one complaint does a service oriented company much more harm
than one compliment does good, I felt that I should be yet another to
speak up in absolute favor of the excellent service and advice that I
have received from Tamarkin.  I wouldn't hesitate for one second before
considering a major purchase from these fine folks.

I will always remember the day that I met James Lager in person when I
visited the Tamarkin store in New York City.  We first stopped in to
visit the Leica Gallery (next door) and we chatted with the nice folks
there.  Both places are like a fantasy land.  I had my M4-P and M6 with
me and had my 21/2.8.  We got to talking and Mr. Lager seemed very
interested in my 21 because its focusing cam would focus down to .4
meter (about 16 inches), closer than it would move the rangefinder prism
(.7 meter) in the body.  He told me it was sort of special, and he even
wrote down the serial number of the lens ELMARIT-M 1:2.8/21 #2994083.  I
really love this lens.
- --

Tony Rowlett
Anchorage, Alaska