Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens- user survey?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 06:23:23 +0000

Friends,

Leica must have considered making a good enlarging lens. It must have also
considered the competition out there - Rodenstock, Schneider and Nikon to
name a few top guns.  To be effective, it has to deliver a lens that will
outperform the rest of the heap and that will not come at a decent price.
Yes, there may be a few clowns like me who may fork out $xxx for a
Foco-break-your-bank-account-tar III lens because of my insatiable love
affair with anything sporting a Red Dot but others may want to compare its
price/performance with other lenses in the market.

Will Leica make a low end starter lens that will attract those who would
normally buy Rogonars?  Similarly will it also make a mid range model as
well?   Finally, how many people are actually doing their own darkroom
printing to form a sizeable market?

Maybe we can do a small survey amongst the LUGgers to see how many are
actually doing their own printing.   Count me in as one.

Dan K.