Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: digital vs film ...help
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:40:15 EST

In a message dated 2/2/99 1:31:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, AlanBall@csi.com
writes:

<< But, I sincerely have
 never had in my hands an inkjet print of one my best color negs or
 slides that could be considered even remotely near the quality delivered
 by more 'traditional' enlargements (which I do not manage myself BTW).  >>

That has been my experience as well. For me, it is a matter of subtlety.  Fine
gradation and smoothness do not appear to the same extent in digital compared
to traditional modes. However, I do like to look at my prints with a magnifier
(some might consider that a little off-center).  (:-)

Bob Figlio