Subject: [Leica] RE: digital vs film ...help
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:36:10 -0800

I give up!  Just read the following and it says it all!

>Yes, you can get better resolution with film and a drum
>scanner, but hey, isn't that digital technology too!!??  Why are you
>comparing digital to digital?  I was comparing film to digital.
>
>Peter K.

Jim

PS... I hope the most of you enjoy my comments, from the inside, on digital
imaging. I try to explain it without getting bogged down in details. Most
numbers are approximations, but close. The digital system equivalent of
film systems is indeed a long way off. Digital totes a lot of baggage. It
takes a hellova lot of 1's and 0's to equal film. And then you have to put
it somewhere. It will require a breakthrough (we are working as hard as we
can) in technology to close the film/digital gap. I work deep in the bowels
of digital photo electronics. But I photograph with Leica M and R, and 4x5
Linhof. I own a Nikon CP900 digital. I think the batteries died from non-use.

Jim again