Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 21:46:41 +0100

>Thank you Joe for the note and please pardon my ignorance.   I have
regular Rodagons (50 & 80) and they are excellent.  It is my understanding
that there isn't much difference between what I have and the APO Rodagons
unless one prints color.  I have been told that the APO really does improve
color but has little or no affect in B & W.    I print B & W exclusively
and have no interest in printing color. Have you actually used the Leitz
enlarging lenses?  Your comments are very interesting and if true would
probably save me some money.  I look forward to hearing from you.

>Bob Bedwell
>
><< I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the 50mm APO Rodenstock
enlarging lens. It is the best enlarging lenses I've used and it cost only
$360.00, used. It produces great images, and is at a level of quality that
would be difficult to significantly surpass at any price.
SincStephensonerely,
> Joe >>

#########
According to my favourite photographic review, Chasseur d'images, the
MTF-test of these 2 lenses, rodagon and apo-rodagon, gives a small
advantage to the apo in the edges.
BTW I had owned the 2 focotars, 40 and 50, and was not convinced by the
results, especially with the 40 (alone, without the focomat).

Dominique Pellissier