Subject: Re: [Leica] plug inside non-TTL M6
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 15:52:05 -0800

Walter S Delesandri wrote:

> NO - there isn't -- unless they started putting it back in in
> recent years!!! from about 1979+, there IS no adjustment screw...
> they "shoved" the RFDR "telesc ope" into adjustment (??) and
> glued it....
>
> Now, If they started putting the adjustment back in, let me
> know....I've been BITCHING about this for twenty years and
> three cameras of my own....
>
> But I doubt it....just like I doubt that they'll go back
> to METAL for the sync block....if you use flash, don't
> yank too hard on the sync post....it's screwed into PLASTIC !!!

snip
I would think their could be a cottage industry of people with garage
machine shops or better making  replacement parts of exotic metals where
plastic or cheap aluminum used to be. I'm very fond of uses of Titanium
or Brass. Ceramic parts I guess are not easily worked up in casual circumstances.

Mark Rabiner