Subject: Re: [Leica] plug inside non-TTL M6
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:45:01 -0600 (CST)

Hi, Dan

Well two things were possible:

1) They replaced the adjustment screw where it belongs-- unlikely,
because they would've put back the threaded plug, but possible...
(Sherry etc. please post it this is the case!!!)

2) the repairman  was trying to "force" the adjustment against the
glue, without removing the top.  If he could "fudge" it, it might
"give" enough to make a SLIGHT difference.

Again, I quit the full time repair shop in l982....have worked on
one or two post-84 bodies, but can't speak for the last ten years
or so.....I'd be THRILLED to find out that Solms had re-instated
the M3-2-4-5 style adjustment, but I doubt it.

BTW, for you newer-leica-company-apologist types, I have a beautiful
EXC+ M4-P I'll trade for an equal condition M4-- strap marks OK...
Betcha I get a lot of takers :) :) :)

Again, PLEASE correct me if ANY of you has an M4-P or M6 with
traditional (pre-M4-2) RFDR vertical adjustment....I'll eat my words/
crow -- but they still cranked out 100,000 cameras without it,
and half of them are at least "slightly" out....usable, yes, as
mine was, but still annoying to those of us with "real" ones!!
(that oughtta stir it up......)

Walt

On