Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Tripods
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:23:14 -0800

Khoffberg wrote:

> I just today saw carbon fibre tripods at my local photo store with Mamiya
> scribed on the side.  I'm a gitzo pig so I didn't feel like I had to have
> one but they looked reasonably well made and were significantly less
> expensive than the gitzo.  Used a similar type of locking system though the
> locking system appeared to be made out of plastic.
>
> Cheers
> Kevin Hoffberg

Not plastic, Plastique! This is the Stealth Tripod!!
How much lighter is it my percent I'd like to know? Seems to me to be
25%. I'm fairly content with my regular Gitzo's for now. Maybe I could
use the same stuff I used to make my darkroom sink, mix in some graphite
which I already have and use my existing legs as molds!
Mark :-) Rabiner