Subject: [Leica] Re: Split printing...
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:31:43 -0800

> What's strange about the split printing approach for me is that I forget
> about the concept of contrast. I'm going for the blacks with the blue
> light and the lights with the green light.
> Your approach seems way different from mine and I'm not following your
> description. I think I would have to watch you do it or maybe your
> Saunders leads you to a different direction then my Aristo.
> Mark :-) Rabiner

I think we basically do the same thing. The Saunders does not have two
light tubes, just one dial that controls dichroic and neutral density
filters. By dialing in different grades (0-5) one controls the color of the
light. The higher the grade (3-5), the "bluer" the light, the lower the
grade (0-2), the "greener" the light. So the higher grades control blacks
and lower grades light tones. There's quite a few combinations possible,
but you probably get even more with your Aristo.

Jiri