Subject: Re: [Leica] Film most often used
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 01:15:59 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> csocolow wrote:
> snip
> >
> > That being said, when I travel I use again mostly black & white but I do
> > keep one body loaded with Kodachrome 64 both for its color and its
> > archival properties. Lately, however, I do keep a few rolls of E200S
> > with me for light-challenged situations.
> >
> > Hope that doesn't add too much to the confusion.
> >
> > Carl Socolow
> >
> Why don't you like or love the Kodachrome 200?
> Mark Rabiner

It's grainier than the E200S and if I have to resort to the faster film
the Ektachrome also gives me the potential for up to a 3 stop push.
Also, the E200S has remarkably low contrast so that the shadows don't
seem to block up nor the highlights burn out quite so readily compared
to the Kodachrome. I do prefer the Kodachrome for its archivalness.

Carl Socolow