Subject: [Leica] Leica Users digest V6 #52
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:07:50 -0500

Hi Alex

>Consigned by an anonymous non-European collector, the total collection
>raised ukp248,256, with the highest price achieved in the sale of
ukp24,150
>for a 1943 Leitz stereo Elmar lens set - one of fewer than 100 produced.
The
>item, which went to a European bidder, was estimated at between 6000 and
9000."

>How's he going to explain that one to his mrs?

I went to this auction, wanting to buy the stereo elmar set, I have a lens
but wanted the accessories. I was amazed at the price (though perhaps it
increases the value of mine!) The quote from the magazine excluded VAT. My
spreadsheet of the sale shows the buyer, French I think paid
ukp28376.25!!!!!!!!! FWIW I believe that only 31 lenses were made.

The collection was lovely and most items raised amazing prices.
Particularly the Nikon items.I think people came from all over the world
for this one.

Cheers Frank